In order to make this an enjoyable day for both dogs and people, here are a few tips:
- Get permission from your place of work, before bringing your dog.
- Work on obedience cues before bringing your dog to work with you.
- Have a reliable contact to pick your dog up, if a full day at the office is too stressful for your canine companion.
- Have your dog on leash at all times, to keep everyone safe and secure.
- Respect other people and their dogs, never forcing interactions
- Take plenty of treats that your dog enjoys, to reward good behaviors.
- Find out where designated potty breaks are.
- If your workplace is not appropriate to bring your dog, ask if you can promote local adoptable dogs instead.