October 23, 2010
National "I Own a Pit Bull" Day is a day to use the power of words and social media to declare ownership of pit bulls to acquaintances and strangers with the intent to promote pit bull ownership as something that is done by average, everyday, and extraordinary people.
So on October 23, 2010, let's make National Pit Bull Awareness Day a day where we stand up as proud and responsible pit bull owners.
Why Go Public As a Pit Bull Owner?
Even though it has been proven over and over again that Breed Specific Legislation doesn't work, local governments still attempt to introduce it into their communities.
- Journalists rarely report on a dog attack unless the animal was identified as "pit bull"
- Shelters are overpopulated with pit bulls.
- Let's dispel the myths and stereotypes and show our community that we are conscientious pit bull owners and not who the media paints us to be.
- I own a pit bull and I love country music.
- I own a pit bull and I am allergic to peanuts.
- I own a pit bull and I have two mortgages.
- I own a pit bull and I vote Green Party.
- I own a pit bull and I am a cancer survivor.
- I own a pit bull and I need coffee to get going in the morning.